28.6.11

Life is too short in this small world.....

The other day, while I was at work on the 15th floor of my office building, I looked out of the window and saw the world in a different light. From the 15th floor the cars on the street and the pedestrians on the sidewalks seemed ant-like. It was at that moment that I realized how insignificant one can seem to the whole world in the big scheme of things. It made me realize that some problems that I experience are nothing in comparison to problems going on in the world. While people are starving, homeless, and in poverty....I find myself upset over petty things, things that don't really matter. It put things in perspective for me....I mean does it really matter that I don't have the money to spend on recreational things or "have money to blow?" Not really! I have realized that you have to appreciate the small things and be thankful for everything in life and not take anything for granted.

We only have a short time in this small world. life is to short for petty problems and nonsense. There is no time to hold grudges, be upset, negative, or unforgiving. If you think about it a lifetime is about 70-80 years [typically.....well, now a days maybe older]. That is not much time when you factor out the 20 years or so it takes to find yourself and really start living life and have the capacity to realize life lessons such as these. It's an unfortunate thing to waste time with hard feelings. Instead we should spend our time enjoying our relationships, making memories and cherishing the them.

No comments:

Post a Comment